Basync Brioche - PDF Knitting Pattern
When the need for simplicity in my life crashed into my love of brioche, this basic, single syncopation brioche cowl was born.
The best way to learn to brioche in the round is with 2 colors! These super approachable cowls use just 2 skeins for each size and are available in 3 weights: sporty, worsted and bulky!
Ready to cast on? I have collaborated with Ewe Ewe Yarns to create a one-stop shop to get the pattern and yarn all in once go! Choose your favorite color combo, grab your needles and get to knitting one of today's top knitting trends: brioche!
*Note: this listing is for the digital pattern only.
- Ewe Ewe Yarns - 100% superwash merino wool:
- Sport Weight: Ewe So Sporty (145 yds / 50g skein): 1 skein each of “75 Sky Blue” (Color A) and “78 Sapphire” (Color B)
- Worsted Weight: Wooly Worsted (95 yds / 50g skein): 1 skein each of “70 Aquamarine” (Color A) and “20 Red Poppy” (Color B)
- Bulky Weight: Baa Baa Bulky (120 yds / 50g skein): 1 skein each of “97 Brushed Silver” (Color A) and “30 Saffron” (Color B)
- US 6 (4mm) 24” / 60 cm circular needle (Sport weight)
- US 8 (5mm) 24” / 60 cm circular needle (Worsted weight)
- US 10.5 (6.5mm) 40” / 100 cm circular needle (Bulky weight)
- Stitch marker
- Row counter
- Tapestry needle
- Sport Weight Size: 7.75” / 20 cm tall x 24.5” / 62 cm circumference
- Worsted Weight Size: 7.25” / 18.5 cm tall x24.5“ / 62 cm circumference
- Bulky Weight Size: 6.5” / 16.5 cm tall x 44” /112 cm circumference
- St and Row counts = 4” / 10 cm in even 2-color brioche, knit in the round (taken after blocking)
- Sport Weight: 19 sts & 26 rows
- Worsted Weight: 16 sts & 22 rows
- Bulky weight: 12 sts & 13 rows
- These cowls are constructed in the round. A basic color swap halfway through the height of the cowl allows for the simple syncopation.
- This pattern includes instructions for 3 weights of cowl: Sport, Worsted and Bulky weights. Instructions for the Sport weight cowl is written first with instructions for the Worsted and Bulky weights in parentheses as follows: Sport weight (Worsted weight, Bulky weight). When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- While these samples were knit on the same size needles throughout, if you know you have a tight cast on or bind off, it is recommended to go up two needle sizes for the cast on and bind off to avoid pulling/puckering.
- This project is meant to use the entirety of each of the skeins; note that the specified yarn amounts do not account for a gauge swatch.
If you are new to brioche, I have created a collection of Brioche How To videos on my YouTube Channel: The Unapologetic Knitter Knits.