Break Edge - PDF Knitting Pattern
Sometimes simple is best!
After staring at this delightfully soft yarn for the past 9 months (YEP!) I finally decided it needed to be made into something simple, but cozy, for the coming winter months. After much deliberation with a trusted knitting friend, the result is cute, simple, and open to endless color variations!
- Blue Sky Alpaca Techno (bulky weight; 68% baby alpaca, 10% extra fine merino, 22% silk; 120 yds/50g): 1 hank ‘1970 Fame’
- Blue Sky Alpaca Techno (bulky weight; 68% baby alpaca, 10% extra fine merino, 22% silk; 120 yds/50g): 2 yds ‘Lounge Purple’
- US 6 (4mm) 16” circular needle
- US 8 (5mm) 16” circular needle
- US 8 (5mm) set DPNs
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
Fitted - fits heads 20-23 inch circumference.
18 sts and 32 rows = 4” in stockinette in the round, after blocking.
- This hat is knit in the round from the brim up, starting with the smaller needle size for the ribbing, and changing to the larger needle size for the body of the hat.
- Adjust needle size(s) as necessary to match gauge.
- When the circumference of the hat becomes too small for the circular needle during the Crown Shaping, change to DPNs to finish the hat.
- Although the yarn used knit for the sample is considered a bulky weight yarn, it’s quite light weight. A worsted weight yarn could easily be substituted.