Cribble Hat - PDF Knitting Pattern
My Mum wanted a slouchy hat for her 60th birthday - a shock to me since I can hardly remember her ever wearing a hat in my lifetime. But what the birthday girl wants, the birthday girl gets!
- Green Mountain Spinnery Weekend Wool (2-ply worsted weight; 100% American wool; 140 yds/128 m per skein), 2 skeins: ‘Pine Warbler 7798’
- US 6 (4 mm) 16” / 40 cm circular needle
- US 8 (5 mm) 16” / 40 cm circular needle AND set of DPNs
- Stitch marker
- Cable needle
- Row counter (optional)
- Tapestry needle
16” / 40 cm circumference (unstretched), 9.25” / 23.5 cm tall (fits most adult women; modeled on a 22” / 56 cm head)
24 sts and 32 rows = 4” over 2 x 2 rib on Large needle, taken after blocking
- This hat is worked in the round from the brim up beginning with the Small needle for the Brim, changing to the Large needle for the Body of the hat.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge. The Small needle should be 2 needle sizes smaller than the Large needle when gauge is met.
- Written instructions are provided for the entirety of the hat.
- When the circumference of the hat becomes too small for the circular needle during the Crown Shaping, change to DPNs to finish the hat.
- When the hat is worn as designed, the beginning of round will be above the left ear rather than behind the head.