Dark Down Deep Shawl - PDF Knitting Pattern
This is the stockinette version of the previously released Electric Ocean shawl, a garter-knit shawl inspired by the creatures of the deepest ocean.
- Main Color Yarn: 300 yds fingering weight yarn (Color A)
- Modelled: StitchJones Pai Mei Sock (fingering weight; 60% superwash merino wool, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon; 450 yds/117g per skein): 1 skein Emerald Isle
- Counter Color Yarn : 100 yds fingering weight yarn (Color B)
- Modelled: Black Market Wool Milo Twisted Sock (fingering weight; 80% superwash BFL, 10% nylon; 400 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein Heavy Metal
- US 7 (4.5mm) 40” circular needle (or preferred length)
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
Finished Dimensions: 62 inches wide by 15 inches tall
- Any fingering weight yarns may be used to complete this shawl however tonal or solid colors are recommended to highlight the lacework to it’s fullest extent
- This shawl is constructed in a crescent shape and worked flat. Written instructions and charts are provided for all sections after the setup. Charted instructions are found on page 4.
- Pattern repeats on the charts are indicated by a red-border; repeats in the written instructions are enclosed in bolded square brackets.
- This shawl best fits a 40” circular needle however the user may substitute longer or shorter needles for comfort.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.