Elevensies - PDF Knitting Pattern
Now available in three weights: the lightweight fabric, created by a combination of eyelets and garter, is perfect for any time of day. The simplicity of the pattern truly allows any yarn to shine!
- Space Cadet Maia (fingering weight; 80% bamboo, 20% superwash merino wool; 400 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein ‘Palm Desert’
- US 4 (3.5mm) 32” circular needle (or preferred length)
- Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty (sport weight; 100% superwash merino wool; 145 yds/50g per ball): 2 balls ‘Color 40 - Lemon Chiffon’
- US 8 (5mm) 32” circular needle (or preferred length)
- SweetGeorgia Yarns Superwash Worsted (worsted weight; 100% superwash merino wool; 200 yds/115g): 1 skein ‘Terra Firma’
- US 10.5 (6.5mm) 32” circular (or preferred length)
- Removable stitch marker (optional)
Fingering (Sport, Worsted) weights: 55 (64, 54) inch wingspan by 14 (11, 11) inches tall
23 (16, 13) sts and 48 (36, 26) rows = 4 inches in garter stitch after blocking
- This shawl is an asymmetrical shape and worked flat. Written instructions are provided for the entirety of the shawl.
- The pattern is written for Fingering weight first, with additional weights in parentheses. When only 1 number is given it applies to all sizes.
- It is recommended to clip a removable stitch marker to the RS of the work to differentiate from the WS as this is a garter knit shawl.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- This shawl best fits a 32” circular needle however the user may substitute longer or shorter needles for comfort.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage. The pattern is written for 100g of yarn in each of the three standard weights.