Fir Times the Charm - PDF Knitting Pattern
A quick Pop Up shop project was requested at my LYS to feature these new super bright pom poms from Bernat. I tried 2 different hat designs before landing on this fir-cone inspired beanie... so Fir Times the Charm... get it?
- Main Color (MC): Cascade Yarns 128 Superwash (bulky weight; 100% merino wool; 128 yds/100g): 1 skein “1946”
- Counter Color (CC): Malabrigo Rios (worsted weight; 100% superwash merino; 210 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein “011 Apple Green”
- Bernat Faux Fur Pom Pom in “Bright Green”
- US 8 (5 mm) 16” circular needle
- US 10 (6 mm) 16” circular needle and DPNs
- Stitch markers: 1 beg of rnd marker, 2 additional markers
- Tapestry Needle
18 inch circumference, 8.5 inch height, not including the pom pom, un-stretched (fits most adult women)
16 sts and 24 rows = 4” stockinette in the round on Larger needle
- This hat is worked in the round from the brim up beginning with the smaller needle for the Brim, changing to the larger needle for the Body of the hat.
- Written instructions are provided for the entirety of the hat. Charted instructions are provided for lace Fir Cone lace section.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- When the circumference of the hat becomes too small for the circular needle during the Crown Shaping, change to DPNs to finish the hat.
- The CC used for the brim is a worsted weight yarn; this can easily be substituted by a bulky weight yarn to match the weight of the hat. Total CC yardage used: 10 yds