Hello & Goodbye - PDF Knitting Pattern
Unexpectedly, I was commissioned to custom knit a pair of socks for a lovely friend on Instagram. I was told she loved purple so I began scouring for the perfect yarn and I found Hello & Goodbye. These lovely little cables on these socks disappear into the stockinette of the top of the foot almost like they’re saying “Hello... and Goodbye” all on their own.
- Black Market Wool Costello (fingering weight, 80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon; 400 yds / 100g per skein): 1 skein ‘Hello & Goodbye’
- US 2 (2.75mm) 32” circular needle (or DPNs)
- Cable needle
- Stitch markers (removable and fixed)
8 (9.) inch circumference (recommended fit: ó inch neg. ease)
28 sts and 42 Rows = 4 inches in stockinette in the round
- These socks are worked one at a time, from the cuff down and feature a modified Eye of Partridge gusset heel.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge
- These socks are mirrors of one another - use the correct pattern and decreases for the appropriate foot. The pattern instructs for the LEFT FOOT first.
- This pattern includes written instructions for the Magic Loop technique. Any sock technique can be substituted as preferred. In the case of using DPNs, the Front Needle is synonymous with Needles 1 & 2 and the Back Needle is synonymous with Needles 3 & 4.
- Instructions are given for smallest size with additional sizes in parentheses. When only one set of instructions is given, it applies to all sizes.