Holey Schmoley - PDF Knitting Pattern
I found a skein of DK from Republic of Wool at a LYS that I broke my yarn diet for. I cast on as soon as I got home and knew I wanted something simple to highlight the beauty of the yarn and something I could knit while watching TV. Holey Schmoley was born after an exclamation of “holy smokes” when I finished this one-skein project in less than 48 hours.
- 250 yds DK weight yarn - Modeled: Republic of Wool (DK weight, 100% superwash merino; 250 yds/115g per skein): 1 skein ‘Wanderlust’
- US 6 (4.00mm) 40” circular needle (or preferred length). Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- Removable stitch marker
Finished Dimensions: 42 inches wide by 12 inches tall
Gauge: 16.5 sts and 48 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch after blocking.
- This shawl/kerchief is knit in garter stitch, is constructed in an asymmetrical shape and worked flat. Written instructions are provided.
- This shawl best fits a 40” circular needle however the user may substitute longer or shorter needles for comfort.
- It is recommended to clip a removable stitch marker to the RS of the work to differentiate from the WS as this is a garter knit shawl.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.
- This pattern will use ALL of one skein of 250yds/115g skein of DK weight yarn. Recommended minimum yardage to finish the Picot Edge is 15 times the length of the live-stitch edge (15 yds for the full size shawl).