Hooty Hoo - PDF Knitting Pattern
Every little owl needs to take shelter from time to time - and what better than a little Yarn Barn to take cover in?!
- Heather’s Yarn Barn (fingering weight, 75% superwash merino wool, 25% nylon; 462 yds / 100g per skein): 1 skein ‘Zombie Feast’
- US 1.5 (2.50mm) 32-inch circular needle (or preferred length)
- Cable needle
- Removable stitch marker (optional)
- Additional circular needle or DPN in size appropriate for your gauge (optional - see notes)
Small (Medium, Large): 7 (8, 9) inch circumference recommended fit: 0.5 - 1 inch neg. ease circumference, 10% neg. ease in length of foot
32 sts and 48 rows = 4 inches stockinette in the round
- These socks are worked from the toe up and feature a Fleegle Heel - a gusset style heel without pick ups! These socks are mirrors to one another; read the instructions carefully for each sock.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- This pattern includes written instructions for the Toe Shaping, Heel, Leg and the Cuff. Charted instructions are provided for the patterned section of the Instep.
- This pattern is written for the Magic Loop technique. In the case of using DPNs, the Front Needle is synonymous with Needles 1 & 2 and the Back Needle is synonymous with Needles 3 & 4.
- Instructions are given for smallest size with additional sizes in parentheses. When only one set of instructions is given, it applies to all sizes.
- As the gusset shaping increases, you may consider adding a second needle to accommodate the increasing number of sts. While this isn’t necessary, the number of sts on the Back needle will be almost double that of the Front needle once complete - work in whatever manner feels most comfortable for you!