Just Baumy - PDF Knitting Pattern
Shortly after being asked to knit the Hello & Goodbye socks, I was asked, yet again, to custom-knit a pair of socks for a fellow Instagram-er. Her last name is “Baum” which I was told was pronounced “bomb”. So here we go - just bombing along on these Baumy socks.
- Black Market Wool Rollins (fingering weight, 80% superwash merino, 20% nylon; 400 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein ‘Beat Your Heart Out’
- US 2 (2.75mm) 32” circular needle (or DPNs)
- Cable needle
- Stitch markers (if working on DPNs)
- Tapestry needle
8 (9.25) inch circumference (recommended fit: 1-inch neg. ease)
- This pattern is worked in multiples of 5 so can easily be converted to fit your foot based on your individual gauge. Keep in mind that you’ll want the same number of multiples on the front and back of the sock.
30 sts and 42 rows = 4” in stockinette in the round
- These socks are worked from the toe-up using the Magic Loop method and The Unapologetic Knitters’ Ribbon Heel. The cuff is finished with Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off.
- These socks are identical to one another; knit 2 to make a pair.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge
- The pattern includes slipped stitches which will pull the pattern areas shorter during the knitting process, but once on, the stitches will stretch giving the beautiful pattern it’s full effect.
- Instructions are given for smallest size, additional sizes are given in parentheses. When only one set of instructions is given, it applies to all sizes.
- Slip all sts purlwise unless otherwise noted.
- For DPN users, the Front Needle is synonymous with Needles 1 and 2, the Back Needle is synonymous with Needles 3 and 4.