Kiss Your Kiddo Shawl - PDF Knitting Pattern
The first time I have the opportunity to use a new yarn, especially that from an indie dyer, I like to pay homage to the dyer. This shawl is dedicated to Republic of Wool and the beautiful creator of the yarn - Michele (aka: Kisskisskiddo on Ravelry).
- Main Color Yarn: 280 yds (Color A)
- Modelled: Republic of Wool Twist Fingering (fingering weight; 80% superwash merino wool, 20% nylon; 400 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein Pollen
- Counter Color Yarn : 140 yds (Color B)
- Modelled: Republic of Wool Twist Fingering (fingering weight; 80% superwash merino wool, 20% nylon; 400 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein Custom Tonal
- US 5 (3.75mm) 40” circular needle (or preferred length)
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- Removable stitch marker
52 inches wide by 11 inches tall
20 sts and 55 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch after blocking.
This shawl is knit in garter stitch, is constructed in a crescent shape and worked flat. Written instructions are provided for the body of the shawl; written instructions AND a chart are provided for the shawl
edging. Charted instructions are found on page 3.
Pattern repeats on the chart is indicated by a red border; repeats in the written instructions are enclosed in bolded square brackets.
This shawl best fits a 40” circular needle however the user may substitute longer or shorter needles for comfort.
It is recommended to clip a removable stitch marker to the RS of the work to differentiate from the WS as this is a garter knit shawl.
Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.
The size of the shawl can be easily adjusted by adding (or removing) increments of 20 to the Shawl Body stitch count before adding the Shawl Edging.