Mister Invested - PDF Knitting Pattern
It’s no secret that my favorite person, hands down, is my husband. We’ve known each other since we were 15 years old (we met after taking a matchmaker test on Valentine’s Day in High School) and while it may have taken us a few years longer than expected to get our lives in order, we were married in 2008.
I think my favorite person deserves another pair of handmade socks - one that is as unique as he is. I call these Mister Invested because when this charming man “invested” in me, he wore a vest (no, really... no suit jacket for our wedding... a vest).
These would be wonderful for women’s socks as well - so don’t let the name fool you. It’s quite likely that the Hubbs and I will be that cheesy old married couple with matching socks!
- Knit Picks Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn (fingering weight, 75% merino, 25% nylon; 462 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein Thunderhead
- US 1.5 (2.5mm) 32-inch circular needle (or preferred length)
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- Removable stitch marker
- Cable needle
7⅛ (8, 8¾) inch circumference (recommended fit: 1-inch neg. ease)
36 sts and 45 rows = 4 inches stockinette in the round.
- These socks are worked from the toe up using Judy’s Magic Cast-On, feature a standard short-row heel and end with Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off.
- This pattern includes written and charted instructions. Note that the charts are mirrors of one another. Knit one sock with each pattern to complete a pair. Instructions are given for the Left sock first, followed by the Right sock. Charts can be found on pages 4 & 5.
- Instructions are given for smallest size with additional sizes in parentheses. When only one set of instructions is given, it applies to all sizes.