Mostly Manly Dishcloths - PDF Knitting Pattern
I’m lucky enough to be married to a man who likes to do dishes. Crazy, right? I HATE doing dishes.
After a conversation with my Mum, I discovered that my father, too, is the dish-doer in the family. So, I came up with a collection of relatively manly dishcloths with lots of texture for good “scrubability”.
- Knit Picks Dishie Yarn (worsted weight; 100% cotton; 190 yds/100g): 1 ball each, “Pomegranate” and “Blue”.
- US 7 (4.5mm) needles
- Tapestry needle
8½ Inches wide and 6¾ inches tall.
- This pattern includes instructions for 4 different dishcloths. Written instructions are provided for each dishcloth.
- The finished dimensions of each dishcloth can be adjusted easily by knitting more row repeats in each pattern.
- Each dishcloth design uses between 30 and 35g (57 and 67 yds) of yarn; each ball of Dishie by Knit Picks should have enough yarn for 3 dishcloths if knit to the dimensions noted above.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.