Mother Lode - PDF Knitting Pattern
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a YOTH Mother Sampler during a yarn crawl - when I brought it home I knew it had to be something cushy and spectacular, but not fussy, to show off the gorgeous palette.
- Yarn on the House Mother Sampler (heavy lace weight; 100% domestic Rambouillet wool; 1100 yds/200g): 1 set of 4 (275 yds/50g ea).
- ‘Sea Salt’ (color A)
- ‘Poppy Seed’ (color B)
- ‘Wild Rice’ (color C)
- ‘Cracked Pepper’ (color D)
- US 3 (3.25mm) 32” circular needle (or preferred length)
- Removable stitch marker (optional)
79 inches wingspan by 16 inches deep
30 sts and 58 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch after blocking
- This shawl is constructed in an asymmetrical shape and worked flat, from tip to end. Written instructions are provided for the entirety of the shawl.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- All sts will be slipped purlwise unless otherwise noted.
- You may wish to clip a removable stitch marker to the RS of the work to differentiate RS from WS since this project is worked largely in garter stitch.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.