Nightcap Express - PDF Knitting Pattern
I have partial skeins of worsted weight yarn up to my ears! All colors I love, not enough in any single skein to make a project. So I decided to combine them into one delicious little project that knits up so quickly it’s hard to stop at just one!
- Malabrigo Rios (worsted weight; 100% superwash merino; 210 yds/100g per skein):
- 65 yds - 847 Tormenta (Color A)
- 65 yds - 33 Reflecting Pond (Color B)
- 20 yds - 011 Apple Green (Color C)
- US 6 (4.00 mm) 16” circular needle
- US 9 (5.50 mm) 16” circular needle and DPNs
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
- 2-inch (45mm) pom pom maker
18 inch circumference, 8. inch height, not including the pom pom (fits most adult women)
19.5 sts and 26 rows = colorwork pattern, on Larger needle
- This hat is worked in the round from the brim up beginning with the smaller needle for the Brim, changing to the larger needle for the Body of the hat.
- Written instructions are provided for the Brim and Crown shaping, charted instructions are provided for the Body of the hat.
- The colorwork section of the hat is worked as stranded knitting. The floats will not be long enough to need catching so this is a great project for beginners to colorwork.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- When the circumference of the hat becomes too small for the circular needle during the Crown Shaping, change to DPNs to finish the hat.
- Given the small amount of yardage needed, if you have 3 full skeins of yarn, 3 hats can be made with the same 3 skeins in different color combinations.