Show Me Yours - PDF Knitting Pattern
Designed especially for the PostStitch August 2015 shipment, this shawl is designed for two colorways randomly assigned to the recipients. Because the shawl is a wonderful way to show off a variegated yarn I was hoping it would incite cries of “I’ll show you mine if you show me yours”.
- Main Color Yarn: 175 yds (Color A) Modeled: The KiwiPop Studio Studio Fingering (fingering weight; 60% superwash merino wool, 30% nylon, 10% bamboo; 435 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein ‘Burgundy’ or ‘Navy’
- Counter Color Yarn : 305 yds (Color B) Modeled: The KiwiPop Studio Studio Fingering (fingering weight; 60% superwash merino wool, 30% nylon, 10% bamboo; 435 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein ‘Joy’ or ‘Emily Girl’
- US 5 (3.75mm) 40” circular needle (or preferred length)
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- Stitch markers
54 inches wide by 19 inches tall
22 sts and 38 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch after blocking.
- This shawl is constructed in a crescent shape and worked flat. Written instructions are provided for the body of the shawl; written instructions AND a chart are provided for the shawl edging.
- This shawl best fits a 40” circular needle however the user may substitute longer or shorter needles for comfort.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.