Slanted View - PDF Knitting Pattern
I woke up in the middle of the night with an idea for a brioche cowl and my sleep-deprived brain convinced me it had to be the most epic, most awesome, most perfect brioche cowl ever made. So I lay awake for three hours (not even kidding) just thinking about how to work up the pattern. I should have just hopped out of bed and started knitting right away. But I think it came out pretty cool regardless of the lack of sleep it caused.
- Spud & Chloë Sweater (worsted weight, 55% superwash wool, 45% organic cotton; 160 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein each of ‘Manatee’ (Color A) and ‘Grass’ (Color B)
- US 7 (4.5mm) 24-inch circular needle
- US 8 (5mm) 24-inch circular needle
- Adjust needle sizes as necessary to match gauge.
- Stitch marker
Finished Size: 9 inches tall by 28 inch circumference.
Gauge: 13.5 sts and 22 rows = 4 inches in brioche rib on smaller needle.
- This cowl is worked in 2-color brioche in the round, beginning with a 2-color cable cast-on; finishing with a 2-color bind-off.
- The larger needle is used for the cast-on and bind-off only; the remainder of the cowl is worked with the smaller needle.
- The pattern includes written instructions and charted instructions for all work after Row 3.