Softly Spoken - PDF Knitting Pattern
A girlfriend of mine, a non-knitter, is a Parisian at heart (though from Georgia, USA by birth). I was inspired by some of her photos from her recent trip to Paris and chose a soft palette to reflect the romance she often speaks about.
Twisted, elongated stitches are worked adjacent to the edges, and the increases, to highlight the geometry of the shawl. This lovely little shawlette works up quickly using just two colors of sport-weight yarn.
- Main Color Yarn: 290 yds (Color A)
- Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty (sport weight; 100% superwash merino wool; 145 yds/50g per skein): 2 skeins ‘Vanilla’ (color 90)
- Counter Color Yarn : 210 yds (Color B)
- Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty (sport weight; 100% superwash merino wool; 145 yds/50g per skein): 2 skeins ‘Sky Blue’ (color 75)
- US 7 (4.5mm) 40” circular needle (or preferred length)
- Stitch markers
49 inches wide by 15.5 inches tall
21 sts and 42 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch
- This shawl is constructed in a crescent shape and worked flat. Written instructions are provided for the entirety of the shawl.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- Slipped stitches are slipped knitwise on the WS of the work and purlwise on the RS of the work.
- To save on yardage it is recommended to carry the colors loosely up the side of the work rather than breaking at each color change.
- This shawl best fits a 40” circular needle however the user may substitute longer or shorter needles for comfort.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.