Sycamore Star - PDF Knitting Pattern
Sometimes there really isn’t a story. Sometimes you just get inspired by gorgeous colorways and textures and it all comes together in one lovely little project.
- Candy Skein Yummy Fingering (fingering weight; 75% superwash merino, 25% nylon; 463 yds/100g), 1 skein each:
- ‘Black Licorice’ (black; color A)
- ‘Foil Wrapper’ (grey; color B)
- ‘Brain Freeze’ (blue/green; color C)
- US 4 (3.5mm) 32” circular needle (or preferred length)
- Removable stitch marker (optional)
70 inches wingspan by 16. inches deep
25 sts and 45 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch after blocking
- This shawl is constructed in an asymmetrical shape and worked flat, from tip to end. Written instructions are provided for the entirety of the shawl.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- It is recommended to use a sharp-tipped needle owing to the need to pick up multiple sts to pass them over.
- All sts will be slipped purlwise unless otherwise noted.
- You may wish to clip a removable stitch marker to the RS of the work to differentiate RS from WS since as the first section of this project is worked in garter stitch.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.
- To save on yardage it is recommended to carry the colors loosely up the side of the work rather than breaking at each color change. Here is a video tutorial on carrying your colors up the side of the work: http://tinyurl.com/jjwyv7x