Toss and Go - PDF Knitting Pattern
I needed a little bag of some sort to toss into my purse to carry my “lady tools” - all those little unmentionables that make men cringe. I found some beautiful worsted weight remnants in my stash and this little clutch was born. Using small amounts of 3 colors, this project is great for using up leftover yarn and is a fun way to test out your beginner color-work skills.
While I use my ‘Toss and Go’ to carry these monthly necessities, I think it would be perfect as a catch all for keys, candies, lipsticks... whatever you need to contain in a cute way. Grab it. Toss it. And go!
- Main Color: 40 yds (Color A - Vanilla)
- Top and Bottom Chevron Color: 20 yds (Color B - Orange Peel)
- Middle Chevron Color: 14 yds (Color C - Teal)
- Modelled: Ewe Ewe Yarns Wooly Worsted (worsted weight; 100% superwash merino wool; 95 yds/50g per skein)
- US 8 (5.0 mm) 40” circular needle (or preferred length) OR US 8 (5.0 mm) set of DPNs
- Stitch marker
- 3 – 1/2” or 3/4” buttons
- Thread to match project and sewing needle of appropriate size
Finished Dimensions: 7-1/2 inches wide by 4 inches tall (when closed)
Gauge: 19 sts and 26 rows = 4 inches in stockinette in the round
- This clutch is worked both in the round and flat. It is constructed from the bottom up and includes instructions for both Magic Loop and DPN construction methods. A colorwork chart is provided for the chevron pattern (all Colorwork Chart sts are knit).
- Pattern uses a one-row button hole; detailed instructions included.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.