Turn It Up to 11 - PDF Knitting Pattern
I love knitting socks: top down or toe-up... I go both ways! Quite a few people asked me about knitting toe-up, 2aat, so I decided to host a MKAL with full instructions on how to do this. The pattern was unexpectedly enjoyed by both the MKAL’ers and nonparticipants alike so I decided to share just the pattern without the myriad of instructions. This is the resulting pattern.
- 1 - skein of sock yarn of your choice (these were knit in Black Market Wool’s High Twist Milo in the “Carey” colorway)
- 1 - US 2 (2.75mm) 40” circular needle. Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge
- Tapestry needle
7.5 (8.5, 9.5) inch circumference (recommended fit; 1-inch neg. ease)
30 sts and 42 rows = 4” in stockinette
- These socks are worked from the toe-up using the Magic Loop method and feature an anatomical toe and the Ribbon Heel (a short row heel).
- These socks are mirrors of one another and are split down the center of chart with the red line.
- Although this pattern is written for toe-up construction, the pattern could just as easily be worked from the top-down and look just as beautiful.