Urchin for Love - PDF Knitting Pattern
I designed and knit this hat without really having a name for it. I went to social media and hosted a “name that hat” game and was inspired by so many wonderful ideas. However the name that made me smile the most won the contest.
- Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty (sport weight; 100% superwash merino wool; 145 yds/50g per skein): 2 skeins ‘Vanilla’ (color 90)
- US 7 (4.5mm) 16” circular needle and DPNs.
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
- This hat is worked in the round from the brim up. The hat features a folded stockinette brim.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- When the circumference of the hat becomes too small for the circular needle during the Crown Shaping, change to DPNs to finish the hat.
- The circumference of the hat doesn’t change between the Fitted and Slouch sizes; the length of the hat is simply increased for the Slouch fit. The hat is worn softly and comfortably at either size.
- Instructions are given for Fitted size with the Slouch size in parentheses. When only one set of instructions is given, it applies to both sizes.