Winter Wanderland - PDF Knitting Pattern
After being on a major “cable all the things” kick, I decided that a smooshy, cozy cowl was in order. The simple garter rib stitch on either side of the cowl is rather therapeutic to knit and looks stunning adjacent to the reverse stockinette. The cable travels across the garter rib, in a sense, wandering...
This cowl knits up quickly for an instant gratification kind of project - great for gifts or as a way to spoil yourself!
- Blue Sky Alpaca Techno (bulky weight; 68% baby alpaca, 10% extra fine merino, 22% silk; 120 yds/50g): 2 hanks ‘1970 Fame’
- US 10.5 (6.5mm) 24” circular needle
- Cable needle
- Stitch markers (3 fixed, 1 removable)
- Tapestry needle
24” circumference and 8” tall
16 sts and 20 rows = 4” garter rib in the round.
- This cowl is knit in the round, beginning with an i-cord cast-on and ending with an i-cord bind off (instructions provided).
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- Written and charted instructions are provided for the body of the cowl.
- Instructions for the Garter Rib gauge pattern provided.