Last month, I was lucky enough to host a Knit Graffiti Trunk Show at my LYS. Yes, I know I design my own patterns but I'm a big fan of supporting amazing women around me. I have a lovely, albeit long-distance, relationship with Lesley, and wanted to promote her designs in my area.
So April is pretty much an ode to Knit Graffiti!
Tuesday, April 11, 2017: Whittle Hat
This adorable hat matches the Chop Mitts and the Carve Cowl, also patterns designed by Lesley.
- A copy of the pattern available on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/whittle-hat
- Worsted weight yarn in a solid or tonal colorway, 50-200 yds depending on size being made
- US 5 16" circular needle (not noted on pattern, but trust me!)
- US 8 16" circular needle and DPNs
- Stitch marker
- Baby: 12" circumference, uses 50 yds
- Child: 15" circumference, uses 110 yds
- Adult Small: 18" circumference, uses 145 yds (the hat shown above is an Adult Small modeled on a 22" circumference head)
- Adult Large: 20" circumference, uses 190 yds
Tuesday, April 18, 2017: Deco Mug Mat
The perfect brioche-alicious instant gratification project to get you familiar with the technique (and use up scrap yarn!)
- A copy of the pattern available on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/deco-mug-mat
- DK or worsted weight yarn in two colors – high contrast is recommended; one can be as variegated/striped as you like, the second should be solid/tonal: 50 yds of each color
- US 7 (4.5mm) circular needle
- Tapestry needle
- Row Counter
Finished Size: 8 x 8 inches measured at longest and widest points
Tuesday, April 25, 2017: Washed Ashore Hat
An extra thick beanie with delightful details: lacework, cables and even some bobble knots!
- A copy of the pattern available on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/washed-ashore
- Worsted Weight yarn in a solid or tonal - see quantities below
- Fingering Weight yarn in a solid or tonal - see quantities below
- US 6 (4mm) 16” circular needle
- US 6 (4mm) set of DPNs (or 40” circular for magic loop method)
- US 3 (3.25mm) 16” circular needle
- US 3 (3.25mm) set of DPNs (or 40” circular for magic loop method)
- Small crochet hook (size E or F)
- Stitch markers
- Adult Small: 19" circumference, 8.5" height; uses 120 yds worsted weight yarn and 150 yds fingering weight yarn(the hat shown above is an Adult Small modeled on a 22" circumference head)
- Adult Large: 21" circumference, 9" height; uses 150 yds worsted weight yarn and 200 yds fingering weight yarn
Keep in touch!
If you're on social media, feel free to tag #unapologeticknitter (or use @notsorryknitter on IG) so I can see your amazing creations! I can't wait to KALFH with you!