March?! Already? C'mon now... it was just January like last week, right?
Fiiiiiiiiine... this year can just keep marching forward at it's blistering pace. Thankfully that means new projects to look forward to!
In March I'm doing some traveling. Not only is a girlfriend of mine getting married in Cancun (!!! I know! I've never been and I'm so excited) but it's my Mum's 60th birthday so back home to Canadia I go! So my March projects are all about the quick knits - Aran or Bulky weight projects that are sure to become wardrobe staples!
Tuesday, March 7th: North Country Mitts
- Aran weight mitts with a timeless stitch pattern design!
- A copy of the pattern available on Ravelry: (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/north-country-mitts)
- Aran weight yarn in a solid or tonal color; 70-75 yds
- US 7 (4.5mm) set of DPNs or 32” circular needle for Magic Loop
- Stitch markers
- One size fits most adult women: 7 inches, un-stretched circumference
Tuesday, March 21st: Alpine Trail Hat
- A bulky weight hat – a braided cable adorns the brim of this oversize, slouchy hat. Knit in a bulky weight yarn this is a super fun and quick knit. Topped off with a big pom pom, this hat is sure to be a new favorite!
- A copy of the pattern available on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/alpine-trail
- Bulky weight yarn in a solid color; 225 yds
- US 10 (6mm) 16” circular needle
- US 10 (6mm) DPNs
- Stitch marker
- Smooth scrap yarn in Worsted or Aran weight (cotton or superwash wooly highly recommended) – approximately 1 yd in length
- Pom pom maker – 2 ½” size (green Clover)
- Small (Medium, Large): ~16 (17.5, 19)” / 40.5 (44.5, 48.5) cm circumference; 10 (10.5, 11)” / 25.5 (26.5, 28) cm tall
- Sample size is a Medium; typically worn on a 22” circumference head
Tuesday, March 28th: Arika Cowl
- A bulky weight shawl cowl that is knit flat, like a short scarf, and seamed. Amazing fringe is added to up the style factor!
- A copy of the pattern available on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/arika-cowl
- Bulky weight yarn in a solid or tonal; 210 yds
- US 10.5 (6.5mm) 24” circular needle
- Crochet hook, size G or H recommended
- Tapestry needle
- One size fits most adult women
Keep in touch!
If you're on social media, feel free to tag #unapologeticknitter (or use @notsorryknitter on IG) so I can see your amazing creations! I can't wait to KALFH with you!